Tuesday, July 26, 2005

We're only here for the line, mam

So I pull onto my street, go around the curve, and see a deputy and a utility truck sitting in the street in front of my house yesterday.

It seems a terrific storm passed through damaging the main limb of my gigantic tree making it fall on the electrical line running through its side limbs. "sparking and smoking," said the deputy. "aahh," said I.

I was further informed that a crew would be by later to trim up the tree and advised not to allow anyone to climb the tree with a live wire caught inside. Uh-uh, okaaay.

So, five huge trucks pull up, set up, and two men in buckets manage to rip the shit out of my big beautiful tree. To make matters worse, when they were finished, they advised me that since they were on an emergency call, they didn't have to chip up the enormous amount of brush laying around my yard.

Did I mention the smaller tree in my backyard snapped in its' midlength with the top half landing on my roof ? No...well, yeah, it did. Luckily, it appears to have just landed, not crashed. There is a bit of a bend in my gutter, but that's it.

My friend's husband came by, got the tree off my house, and made plans to finish the tree and clean up all the brush.

I know I'm going to sound like every other single working mother, but...

This sucks. This should be in my budget, but isn't. I have a married friend who has difficulty understanding the difference between a one income and two income family. She knows I don't have much to spare, but she's not sure in which or what way. Love her heart. Course, this is just an aside, has no bearing on the post...

We're still under a thunderstorm watch. If you're the sort and you're reading this, please pray that this is all the damage my house will see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home