Saturday, July 30, 2005

Time Off

Saturday morning and I convinced myself to get out of bed.

My youngest just strolled in the door from spending the night at his friend's house. As usual, his friend is here with him. They are bouncing around my house with these things on their heads. They got them at a bike rally/parade last night. Head wraps ? You can twist and turn them into caps, headrags, ninja masks, etc. They are having fun with them.

My eldest is back from football camp. I hugged him when I picked him up. He let me but gasped because he was so sore. The team managed to shave all of the freshmen's heads, but his, as I had adamantly stated, "no," when asked if they could. Jacob's demeanor doesn't lend itself to that kind of initiation rite anyway. He's self-contained and likely to rage if anyone were to touch him without his permission.

The girls (my cats) are outside sunning themselves on the front lawn, which is now bereft of the brush. True to his word, my friend came with two firemen buddies and several healthy children and went to work on cleaning up the mess the emergency crew had left behind. We all managed to have it pretty much done by the time I had to go pick up my son at football camp.

I am always consciously acknowledging what good friends I have. I often wonder if other people do the same. Maybe it's the odd upbringing I had, but I am always somewhat amazed at the lengths my friends go to help me. Grateful, I am.

This is the first weekend in awhile where I haven't had a specific agenda. It's nice to just relax. Especially since the rush to get school clothing, equipment and supplies is just around the corner.

Yeah, not profoud yet, but you give it some time, it's bound to happen. Let's hope I notice when it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home