Sunday, July 31, 2005

4 over par

Took Jacob golfing today. We were supposed to go two weeks ago, but it was raining. We stopped by and picked up my nephew, Corey, to join us.

It was 93 degrees out. I had the best 'score.' The boys weren't keeping track, but I was. The course is par 3. I managed 3 bogies and my worst was the longest hole with 4 over par. ouch. speaking of ouch, the last time I did this and today, I managed to rip my thumbnail. I don't think I am swinging right. I'm left-handed, so it's harder for Jacob to show me how to swing correctly. But, I am getting better at it.

We stopped off at Taco Bell to get some drinks and food and the little girl taking my order talked into her chin and had a chip on her shoulder. So much so, that when I was trying to get my order in, albiet a little backwards as far as their system goes, she mumbled, "you don't have to have an attitude about it, lady." Wha ? The little girl told me she'd have to charge me extra for a drink I didn't want. I had ordered our drinks, then the 'combo,' which includes a drink. A drink I already had. She huffed when she had to go get a card to swipe the error clean. Whatever ! I told her, "No, you are the one with the attitude, not me. Where's your manager?" She finally looks up and states with an obnoxious tone, "She's back there." My reply:"Go get her." When the manager arrived and asked me what she could do, I told her I wanted her to take my order. She did with several weak attempts at mentioning,.."well, this is what she was trying to do." Again, What-the-F**k_ever. I am never rude to service people. Most of my family is in the industry and half of my adult life was spent in it. That little shit just didn't want to be working and certainly didn't understand what I believe to be a crappy computer system. You'd think they'd design the thing to allow for more human error considering most of their staff consists of teenagers. Geesh !!!! Anyhoo, at the end of the transaction, the manager gave me the total and informed me that the cashier would have to take the money since it was her drawer. I told her that was fine. When the cashier (whose name is Candy, of all things) gave me my change she said, "Thank you and have a nice day." Her mouth was still in her chin, but her bad attitude had lessened. I replied in like manner. Really. The girl really needs to have a nice day.

Yeah, I know this is pretty much a pointless rant, but this is MY blog. gotta go, cat thinks she going to stroll out of the yard...Not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home